Monday, November 28, 2011

This semester

This semester I set it up to be easy but somehow it wasn't. I had set in mind expectations for what I wanted to do. I wanted a simply easy semester filled with zero drama and fun times around the corner all the time. That worked for a while but soon took a nasty turn. I found myself caught in drama, found myself bitter, found myself in all sorts of trials and tribulations, things I was focusing on trying to avoid. I've learned to not set expectations in life for when you do that is the moment things will go wrong. Take life as it comes and do the best to prepare for a good future but don't expect anything to come. I've also learned to be grateful for the good things that do come but to not expect them to come. Plan each day as if you have to overcome something everyday. Each day go into it with the mindset that you have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Start over everyday new, from scratch. Yesterday no longer matters but live in the moment that you have. Each day prove to yourself who you are, what you can accomplish, and where you are going to go. Don't worry about what others think or say about you but live your life the way you want to. Drown everything else out but the sound of your own voice telling you where to go. Expect nothing. Grab a good dream and chase it until you catch it. After you have caught it find another dream and chase it until you have caught it. That is what this semester has taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment