Sunday, October 3, 2010

Watching examples

My first week out here in college someone I knew very well died. I can honestly say that I didn't see that one coming. Its odd how that sortof thing works though. I still can't believe that he's dead. In my mind he's alive and back home with his family, but he's not. I guess the news will really sink in when I come home and that entire family has moved away. Anyways I recently talked to my mom about that family and how they are doing. They are doing fine. They aren't letting this experience disable them spiritually. It seems that they are clinging to the gospel more in their time of need. I just thought that was really amazing!
About a week or so ago I was struggling big time adjusting into the college life. I am still adjusting however it has become much better than it was. I ended up breaking down and crying at 2 AM. I went into one of my roommates' room and started crying. She pulled me out of the room, so as not to wake up the other roommate, and talked with me. She gave me helpful advice and I wound up following it. I received my second priesthood blessing which is the maximum I am allowing myself to get at this time.
Many months ago one of my friends realized that I was struggling with some things. He has a prayer list where he prays for a bunch of people (sorry, but thats the best way for me to explain it). He put my name on that list. I heard about that from a different fried of mine. That meant the world to me! I really liked what my friend was doing and followed his example for a little bit.
Speaking of examples this reminds me of Christ. He never forgot anyone. When the multitude were hungry He fed them, when the sick came to Him He healed them, when the sinner came to Him He healed them, and when the child came He blessed them.
After watching Thomas S. Monson's talk today I wanted to express my gratitude for all those wonderful examples. There are of course many others that I know I haven't mentioned in this blog, but because there were so many I chose only a few. In my opinion these are some of my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment