Thursday, October 28, 2010

Divine Intervention

I started to become a downer after returning to college from an awesome weekend with some friends. Things became really hard! I had a lot of negativity running through my head and I started to act like a downer. Last night I was trying to work on homework (gave into the temptation of being on facebook again) when I started to feel like I had a fever. Typically I'm right about these feelings, so I went to bed really early last night. I didn't get much sleep because my roommate kept coming in and out. She was really loud, but I'm so glad she was. I had been going to bed really late and waking up really early so it taught me what she put up with this semester. It made me want to work harder so she doesn't have to put up with that anymore. Today I started thinking about going home and not going home again. So many thoughts kept coming through as usual about this. I remembered being at my friend's house and watching the Testament. I remember at one part the little girl wanted her brother to stay. It reminded me of my little sister and I just cried. It was then that I really felt like I had to go home, but I'm stupid and wanted to get both sides. Anyways I remembered a quote from Thomas S. Monson who quoted William Shakespeare who said "they do not love that do not show their love." It made me want to go and view the video online. I watched it and in it Thomas S. Monson said "never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved". That softened my heart so much! He was right! While I am trying to avoid an argument, which is a great thing, I shouldn't let that become more important than being with my family or showing my love for them. I still don't agree with anything my mom said!

I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that sometimes He puts people and ideas in our way to help us grow and soften our hearts. I'm so glad that He did that for me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment