Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taking the first step...

Since I have been out here at college I have allowed myself to get so distracted by all the fun things. This has caused me to focus less on spiritual and school related things. It was as if I was walking away from the tree of life. I have been in a spiritual slump lately. I would always tell myself that tomorrow I would read and later I would do my work, but I seldomly, if ever, would. Tonight I started reading my scriptures. I read the first chapter in Nephi. I could feel a portion of the spirit and a portion of myself return. It felt good. I know that I have a long way to go and I can't gain back my lost time, but I can change the future. I can change the way I live my life right now. This is a goal of mine right now. My goal is to become a better daughter of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment