Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Gaining a deeper love

Today I got an email from one of my teachers who invited me to go horseback riding. I thought that she meant actually horseback riding but she actually meant going and helping autistic people. To be honest I didn't want to go but I went anyways. After being around them for a few hours I discovered those that were there for them and helping them. A scripture came to mind at the very end. "And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!" Mosiah 15:16
I then thought that that was what it was all about. That is what the gospel is all about. It taught me to have a deeper love and appreciation for those who are mentally disabled. I know that He loves even those who seem a bit strange to us. Who knows, maybe a bit strange to us maybe perfection in His eyes. Just a thought.
I am so grateful for this experience I was able to have. It taught me so much about His children and His teachings. I know that those are His children and they deserve to be loved and cared about just as much as those who are mentally stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment