Sunday, October 24, 2010

Power of Prayer

Many times while I have been out here I have felt lost and like my Heavenly Father left me alone out here. It felt like He was answering so few of my prayers, but He was only answering them in His way. Sometimes I think He wouldn't answer my prayers the way I wanted Him to answer them because that wasn't the best option for me. He is trying to teach me that I need to grow and learn with Him there as well as without recognizing He is there. Sometimes my answer will be obvious and sometimes it won't be. Recently He has answered one of my prayers. Through one of His servants I was able to be reminded that He is willing to answer my prayers and that He still does answer them. I was so grateful that He had reminded me of that because it was something that I needed to know. I wish I would have been reminded in a different way, but the Lord works in mysterious ways at times. Nevertheless, I am thankful for the reminder that my prayers are not only heard but also answered.

Recently I was around some of my friends. We hung out and had a good time, but I couldn't help but feel like I wasn't happy. I prayed more than once that I would be able to be happy for them. After a while I finally felt like I was being happy and doing my job. One of them I really enjoyed talking to because I could see the light of Christ so clearly in that person. It was a joy talking to that person! I would love to carry on more conversations with that person! I ended up having a wonderful time and making a couple of friends in the process. It was great! Through the power of the Holy Ghost I was able to feel happy enough to serve by being a friend. It was wonderful!
I am so grateful for those opportunities to grow spiritually. I know that my Heavenly Father was there for me in my little times of distress when I needed Him. I am so glad that He is still there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment