Saturday, December 31, 2011

Not avoiding

I once thought that by keeping people out of my heart and out of my life would save me from heartache. I did everything I could possibly think of to avoid it because I knew that someone would hurt me and I didn't want that so I avoided. Problem is it kept me from forming precious friendships. I've come to learn that it's better to let people in. If they leave or if I have to walk away it's not the end of the world. I always wish them the best with their lives but I've learned that sometimes it's necessary to say goodbye. I've had to say goodbye many times but something else that I've learned is I never have to say goodbye to my Savior. One of my favorite scriptures is from 2 Thessalonians 3:16 "Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all." He's not going anywhere. We may push Him out but He will always be there. To me that's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment