Thursday, January 31, 2013

More people should be like this!

There should be more people like this!  There have been some exceptional people I have had the chance to run into lately.  Tonight I went to a dance and I was giving myself a hard time for no apparent reason.  I went to a dance and most of the night I sat out.  No one was asking me to dance and I felt so bad for myself I wanted to leave.  Isn't it great how one person can change a night?  Well, a guy finally came up to me and asked me to dance.  That changed my entire night!  Suddenly I didn't feel so woe as me but a little bit more confident.  It's amazing how something small like asking someone to dance can just lighten the mood of someone who maybe a bit down on themselves, for whatever reason.
One of my friends, Jordan, did something I thought was amazing.  I wish I could have seen the look on this girl's face when he's done this!  He would ask girls out who never got asked out before.  That's incredible!  Why can't more guys be like that?  I wonder how the world would change if more people would just do stuff like that.  Perhaps there would be less self-esteem issues and perhaps we'd get along a little better.  Maybe there would be less people crying in bathrooms or at home on a Saturday night because they wonder if something is wrong with them.  So it's my opinion that people who do incredible things like this deserve a standing ovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment