Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recognizing the past, desiring the future.

The previous night I was in a conversation with a friend of mine. We were talking about the Book of Mormon. I mentioned how I had a hard time reading it because I tend to get lazy and procrastinate or that I am so busy with my daily events I brush it to the side. In my religion class today my teacher taught us that false prophets and people claiming false doctrines would come and it would be so easy to stray away from the truth. He mentioned that even the elect would fall away and that the only ones who would remain on the paths were the ones who treasured up the word of God. I started thinking of my friend who has fallen away from the principles of the gospel. It's scary to think that that could happen to me. That I could be spiritually blinded and not even realize that I have been. The only thing that can prevent this is to treasure up the word of God. My religion teacher gave me the motivation to read my scriptures. Why would I want to put myself into any position where I could deny truth? It just doesn't make any sense not to. I know that I won't be perfect right off the bat; this will take some time to remove old habits and to replace them with better ones. I do think that in the end it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment