Monday, February 4, 2013

Coming to grips

Isn't it always the hardest at the beginning of a semester and towards the end as well?  It is for me at least.  The beginning of this semester was so rough!  I just came back from my internship with Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  It was 70 degrees!  Perfect weather!  It was nice that I had two days where I could do anything I wanted and having free passes to Disney was definitely a perk!  Then I had to come to Idaho for school; it was in the negatives when I came back.  The negatives!  We're not talking like negative one degree, we're talking negative sixteen or seventeen!  Bleh!  At first I struggled with a thing called Disney depression.  It's the worst!  You don't want to do anything but Disney related activities.  I found myself missing Disney more and more.  Whenever I would have free time I found myself having that itch to go to Disney and ride some rides.  Nope, I can't do that out here.  Slowly, I'm finding myself become a bit more lazy; I'm looking for ways out.  It seems like I have no direction anymore.  It seems as if a few years ago I had much more figured out.  As I was reading I noticed one thing, I didn't doubt my faith nearly as much or I made it more of an effort to read my scriptures or pray.  I'm starting to notice how quiet things really are when revelation becomes quiet.  It's interesting how these things have an impact on our lives.  When we take these things away we tend to forget who we are and where we're going in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment