Saturday, February 26, 2011

Learning to love like Christ

There have been so many complications lately. This semester I have come across many people who have been so hard to get along with. I started to wonder why I was doing all these things for them when they wouldn't do the same for me. I wondered why I was taking time out of my life to help them. All they ever did was complain about things that weren't going their way. Honestly I wanted to stop doing kind things for them and I think that I did for a little bit. To be honest I don't exactly remember how but somehow I decided to serve them anyways. I started to feel clean; I started to feel like I was doing something right. It felt right. It helped create peace a little. It helped me to become a little more like my Savior. I am growing to love them as Christ does by serving them. Serving people like that is always difficult at first but it gets easier over time. When I lose myself in the service of others I always find myself no matter what trial is thrown at me. This I know to be true.
One of my roommates told a story about a religion class she took. The class was asked to draw a picture of the person they most hated. After everyone was done the teacher took the pictures and put them on a dart board. He then told the class to throw the darts at the photos. They did. He asked them if they felt better and the class responded that they had. The teacher removed the photos and the dart board. Behind those pictures was a picture of Christ. The darts also had hit Christ leaving the same holes that were on the photos. The teacher then taught this scripture, "if ye have done it to the least of My brethren ye have also done it unto Me." Christ cares just as much as the people we don't care for as He does for us. If Christ who was perfect cared about those people who we don't really care for or get along with then shouldn't we care for them?
I know that Heavenly Father loves and cares for each of His children. I also know that we should do the same for His children regardless of who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment