Saturday, September 18, 2010

Can't believe

Being out here at college has been the most amazing experience of my life! I have tons of friends (which really surprised me, but its a good surprise not like...). College is a little too much fun which has led me to bad choices like saying something a little mean or staying up too late (try taking a 7:45-9:45 AM Book of Mormon class when you went to bed at 1:00 AM...can you spell hard?). I also went on my first date (surprised...yeah well it surprised me too, but mostly because I didn't know it was a date...I really didn't know I was on a date). I still can't believe that someone I knew very well died a little over a week ago. I've heard that it has really hurt their family and I don't like that at all because I really know and love that family. I am really glad I am not at home right now to witness this because I don't think I could take all the pain. Its hit me a little, but because I am away from home and the reality hasn't set in it really hasn't. I am still in the denial stage and in my mind its just a joke or it never happened. Their family is moving out of my ward because it hurts them a lot. I just want them to know that I deeply love that family! They are welcome to visit me in my apartment anytime!
Its mind boggling as to why the Savior allows these things to happen, but they happen. I believe that He knows what He is doing. I personally think that it was his time to leave this life because he was ready to go home and his work is done in this life. We all miss him and I bet he misses us as well. I can't really say much of anything to that family except to let them know that I'm there for them if they need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on.
So college has been full of things that I just can't believe are happening. Now, I'm okay from all these things (for the most part...I'm still quite stressed out from college...). I don't want anyone who reads this to think that I'm doing just awful and miserable because a lot of the time I'm not (besides being behind in classes, sressed out, tired, and distracted). I am doing fine! I just can't believe all the things that have happened since I came out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment