Monday, May 3, 2010

Taught by a child

As a Daughter of God I have the right to tell my story. As a child of God, you have the right to choose whether to read this or not; this being called agency, something you and I fought for in the preexistence. For the past two sundays I have been helping my mom out with nursery. It has been one of the most amazing experiences in my life. At first I didn't know what to do. How are you suppose to react when they get upset and pitch a fit? I wasn't sure. I was so glad when my mom needed me to leave to get up to go get something. Then I started getting adjusted and learned how to handle the kids in situations and I really liked it. That was the first sunday that I did it. The second sunday, which was yesterday, I helped out my mom again. I won't go into to too many details about what happened in nursery that sunday on my blog because it might take away from my story. There is this sweet girl named Olive (she is my absolute favorite of her class) and she is as sweet as can be. She is always so forgiving and loving. Yesterday she gave me a hug and it lasted a long time. She just came up to me and starting hugging me. I remembered a scripture that told us to become like little children and another one that taught us that "blessed are the peacemakers..." and little Olive was truely an example of these things. Everytime one of the other little children would take something from her or even hit her she never did anything back but always seemed forgiving. I felt such love for her! I was so grateful for her and I was even more grateful that my Savior had been so loving to my ward for putting such a sweet spirit into it. I had the amazing opportunity to read her a story while she was sitting in my lap. One of my favorite experiences in my life!
I have thought about this a lot and I want to become like Olive. She is an example for me! I want to show love, mercy, and establish peace as Olive had to those that weren't always kind to her. I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend some time with her, I really am! I am not looking forward to this sunday when I won't be able to go to nursery and be around her, but I can't wait for the next opportunity to be near her. Its always a pleasure being near her.
Now I understand what the scriptures mean by becoming as little children. Little children, like Olive, are easy to teach and are so beautiful in their good works that Heavenly Father is not only pleased, but I bet He smiles on their countenance. Just food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment