Saturday, May 29, 2010

My testimony

I've realized that I don't bear my testimony enough. I don't have to explain my reason(s) as to why I don't, but I don't. When I was little my parents divorced and it was really hard for me to accept it and move on with my life. To make matters worse my older sister was (and is) mentally ill and jealous of everything I did. She was very violent physically as well as verbally. I couldn't (and still can't) tell her all of my accomplishments because when the attention is taken off of her, she can't handle it, so I have to be careful about what she knows. When we would take "family" vacations to somewhere like Disney World sometimes we would have to take seperate vacations because the situation with my older sister and me. My mom and I weren't really close growing up, actually to be honest I hated her. After my parents divorced it hurt me so bad that I would stay up in my room and I wouldn't leave unless I had to eat or go to the bathroom. What you have to understand about my mom is that she can't understand how I felt because she had a beautiful childhood and described it to me as not having any trials. She realized this and would call me disturbing. I wasn't disturbed, but upset about the divorce. Instead of talking to me about the divorce and saying something like 'things will be okay honey' she would call me disturbing and send me straight to counseling where some weird stranger would cross his legs and want to talk about feelings. My mom wouldn't listen to me and she would call me all sorts of mean, rude, and off-the-wall names she shouldn't have. This made me so mad and would often spark many arguments that were so bad my dad would come to my house and take me somewhere to calm down. He listened to me, understood me, and gave me advice. My dad was my best friend growing up and we developed a great relationship.
I can't go on and tell you anymore than I have already told you because it still sortof upsets me, even though its all said and done. I will say this though, my mom and I grew together a year or two ago and we are doing great now.
The point of my depressing story was to give you my testimony. "Satans greatest threat is to destroy the family and make a mockery of the law of chastity" (I can't remember who said that becaues I've heard it so often). I testify that whoever said that is right. Family is no joking matter, its serious. I wish that I could have had a childhood filled with family picnics and happy moments but a lot of my memories are filled with watching satan's plan in full swing. I hated it! I can't complain too much today because things are better than they were. Family is important, never forget that! Take advantage of that special opportunity! There is real power in the family unit! If your like me and your family is weak, don't do what I did! It doesn't do any good to sit locked up in your room while time passes you by. "It does not do good to dream and forget to live" -Albus Dumbledore.
I know that Jesus Christ atoned not only for the sins of the world, but also for all the pain and sickness that the world has to offer. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and its power to teach, heal, and comfort. Last, but not least, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father for sending His only Begotten Son to this earth for me. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I leave you with my testimony in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment