Thursday, July 26, 2012

Family is Forever

Lately I've been thinking about families and how they should be the most important thing in our life. Why? Because they will always be there. Friends may come and go but family will always be there. For many years I've been pushing my family out of my life and it's taken a long time to realize that. My grandma stopped sending me things, my uncle doesn't talk to me, and I don't visit for Thanksgiving anymore. I haven't been to one of my family's Thanksgiving for 2 years. I realize now that anyone is capable of hurting someone, even the ones that we love, but in the end we know they aren't perfect and we know that we love them We should forgive, forget, and move on from those experiences instead of letting the past consume our lives.




That's my little sister Kim. She's the most amazing person I can think of. We spend so much time together that's she's become a wonderful friend of mine. It's the one relationship with my family that I truly feel is mine. I'm working on getting to relationships with my other family members so it can be similar to the one I have with Kim but I know that it won't happen overnight and it won't happen without a lot of hard work.

 Do you have any experiences where you've struggled with your family? What are some of your favorite family moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment