Monday, October 31, 2011

Learning

Oh how blind I can be sometimes. A guy liked me over the summer. At first I didn't want to like him but began to. I began to like him a lot but honestly I liked the fact that he would say kind things to me. I found out that he is not the kind of person I want to be with. I do feel stupid that I allowed myself to fall for someone who was not my prince that could bring me to my castle (or in other words he is not my knight in shining armor ready to take me to the temple). At the same time I feel wiser and much more trusting in the Lord. Everything I went through was not a complete loss but rather a learning experience. I can choose to walk away from this with more faith and trust in the Lord or I can allow myself to become in a state of misery. Personally I choose to learn from all this and become a better person because of it. I like what David Archuleta once sang about, "I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on so I put one foot in front of the other no no nothing's gonna break my stride. I keep climbing gonna keep fighting until I make it to the other side of down..." It is so true. I am so grateful that I am able to learn and grow from this experience.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I feel so much better about myself now that I have figured this out. I feel like I have just set the standards even higher for the guys I date as well as the kind of person I want to become. I am actually quite happy that I no longer like him.

    ReplyDelete