Thursday, April 15, 2010

Enduring to the end


As a Daughter of God I have the right to tell my story. As a child of God, you have the right to choose whether to read this or not; this being called agency, something you and I fought for in the preexistence. Yesterday I went to my second track meet. My little sister was suppose to go to one of her soccer games, but it was cancelled, so she and my mom were able to attend my track meet. She is so sweet! She not only offered me to borrow her running shoes, but she also went all the way out to the car to get them for me. So she got them for me and I tried them on and they were a lot lighter than shoes. Anyways, while we were waiting for my event which was running the 200 meters we were watching them run the 1 mile (at least I think that was the one miler...). The 1 mile means running around the track 4 times. There was this one girl from another team that was competing in this event and I remembered watching her from the last meet. Anyways, so the guy called out "on your marks, get set" bang and they were off. All the runners then took off. Four laps later they all finish, all but one. She had another lap to go, but she ran that last lap anyways. Listen with your spiritual ears for a minute, she was the last person to finish, but instead of quiting, she finished the race. I thought that was really cool!
I had been really nervous for my event and said like 3 or 4 prayers asking for my Heavenly Father's help (because I needed it and I knew that I couldn't run without Him). Eventually it became my turn to run. I went up there and signed in. I started talking to the others who were competing in that event (which calmed me down a little bit). Soon enough it was my turn to run, so I lined up into position (I was in lane 1) and ran after the gun went off. I was in 7th place at this time. I noticed that the only girl behind me was catching up with me. I was doing great until that last 100 meters when my fears and doubts started returning. I realized where that thought was coming from and said to myself in my head "not today satan!" and you know what, after I did that I was able to finish the race (and I came in 7th place). As I was talk to my coach I also found out that I had beaten my previous time. The coach also told me that if one of the girls that was going to run in the 200 meters for regions moved up to the 400 meters I would be in the top 2 and be able to compete in the regions game for the 200 meters (so no one is deceived, what he meant was that there would be only 2 people interested in that event and since I would be what was left I would have the chance to compete)...but still the fact that I might go to regions was a great thought.
Its amazing how the Lord answers my prayers and how He is always there for me. God really does answer prayers and He wants to bless us, we just have to excercise just a little bit of faith and ask Him for the things that we need. He will answer our prayers according to His will, in His way, and on His time are we blessed.
"Fear does not come from God." (I can't exactly remember who said this, I want to say it was either John Bytheway or Joseph Smith, but I could be wrong). If fear doesn't come from God, then surely it comes from satan, the one whose plan is to spiritually destroy all righteousness. I say that as long as people excercise faith and humility and go to God they can conquer satan and his attacks through fear and doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment